Elder Masulonis

Elder Masulonis

Saturday, August 25, 2012

May 29, 2012

Dear mom,
Today is the beginning of a new transfer and am still in Knightdale, but i have a new companion. I feel like this transfer will be a great one. Dont get me wrong, I sincerely love elder Edwards, but now with my new companion, Elder Stauffer, I have already seen many of the difficulties I had with Elder Edwards vanish. I feel like we are very similar. I have only spent a few hours with him and we have seemed to click together well. We have very similar back grounds. Before his mission he worked at Ticanos ( kinda like Gringos but better) he loves Julian Smith and transformers, he likes sports but isnt crazy passionate about them. Oh one more thing about him, so he has only been out for a few months so I am kinda in the follow-up trainer position. This made me a little nervous because in the mission there is a saying that is very often true which is you either struggle with your trainer or follow-up trainer. And as we were talking in the car I got to have an idea of how his past companion was, and from the sounds of it, it was a struggle, so that is somewhat of a sign to me that this will be a great transfer/companionship. I am going to try and love my heart out to him and this area. So, that's the most eventfull thing that has happened in a while. Something else that is happening right now is that we are currently teaching a guy named Alphonso. I dont know if I have ever told you this before, but it is very nice to recieve the blessing from God of solid people to teach. The first time we met with him, he already was looking for a change in his life. He has many challenges to face like, co-habbitation ( living with someone you arent married to.) smoking, and a few other things. In our second visit, we asked if he thought that Joseph Smith was a true prophet, and he said, ya know, I've prayed about it after I read some in the book of mormon, and yeah I really think that this is real. He said several times later that he really believes that Joseph Smith is a true prophet. I really really really hope that things will comtinue how they are going. So right now, things are looking great in knightdale.

By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY RANDY!!!! well, I guess this wont get to you untill later, but I hope you still feel special. I bet you are way excited for summer. I'm way excited for you to get an email that way we can talk all the time. I love you.

Things are warming up here. We are often times jumping in between 85 and 90. I'm nervous for the summer we the heat really comes.

I love you and hope to hear from you soon.

-Love Elder Masulonis

No comments:

Post a Comment