Elder Masulonis

Elder Masulonis

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Feb 5, 2012

Mom, I love how it doesnt really matter what is going on around you in life you are able to think of things in an eternal perspective. You are able to look forward with optomism. You are a great example to me. I love you. And about being lectured, I dont care, in fact I kinda like it. I know that you are much smarter than me and have much more experience than me, and when you tell me the things that I need to do, you are fullfilling your responsability as a parent, and also in a way, showing your love for me. Which reminds me of something that stood out to me yesterday in fast and testimony meeting. One of the young women got up and shared her experiance of getting her patriarchal blessing. She said it was one of the more powerfull spiritual experiances in her life time. After the blessing was given, her dad recognized that she was feeling the spirit strongly and said to her, "now do you understand why I'm so hard on you? Because I want the best for you?" It touched me. Not her experiance, but the words that her dad said. I know that my heavenly father loves me, but this was an expression of love to me through the holy spirit. It was really easy for this to be applied to me and my heavenly father. I could see him saying the same thing when I meet him again. "now do you understand that I'm so hard on you, because I want the best for you?"

I'm not sure if I have told you about my new companion yet, but he is great, and a great example to me. He has expresed his love to me, he has been teaching me many things. Not by actually sitting down with me and directly telling me, but by what he does and how he does it. He is my best companion. I'm not sure if he knows it or not, but he has taught me that unfortunately, it becomes easier to not show your love from day to day for someone you know well and love deeply. And I have seen the importance of continued expressions of love. Without them, we single ourselves and become self centered and difficulties arise. I have learned the importance of unique, planned, acts of thoughtfull love and service. He has taught me a pricipal form preach my gospel very well that when we are focused on others more than ourselves, we benefit more than if we focused on ourselves. Well, I only have a little bit of time left, but I want you to know that I love you and I pray for you often. I hope that the things that I do will be pleasing to my father in heaven.

Love Elder Masulonis.

No comments:

Post a Comment