Elder Masulonis

Elder Masulonis

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January 30, 2012

Dear Mom,
I have new companion. I love him so much. His name is Elder Johnson. He has been out for 20 months and is about to go home. He is amazing. Im not sure if i wrote this in last weeks letter or not, it was one of the more eventful things that happened to me. Last preparation day we were playing basketball and something happened that made it easy for my to react instead of think and act. I said a sarcastic thing to Elder Loftin, and mind you that Elder Loftin is much stronger than I am. Elder Loftin kinda flipped. He grabbed me by the shirt with his fists and pushed me close to the wall and he started forcibly talking at me with a loud hard voice. I didnt really take offense, because I thought about what was happening and stopped my reacting. It wasn't a very good experience because some of the members and an investigator was there and they were a little shocked that a missionary would do something like that. At that point we weren't representing the Lord. afterward we talked about it and forgave each other. Elder Johnson my followup trainer is my best companion so far. He is loving and filled with the spirit. He is helping me be the best I can be. I am loving him. We are friends. And not only that, we are doing allot better in the missionary work also. He is teaching me allot in his example. He is an answer to a prayer. I know that God hears my prayers, no matter how significant they are. I am very grateful for the experiences I am getting. I am nourishing a seed of being less self centered and more focused on others, especially our investigators. And that mind set has seemed to be helping me more than focusing on what I think is best. No matter what we think, God knows more and knows best. He has an eternal perspective. His is infinitely loving and compassionate. I love him. When we rely more on him and focus on others more than ourselves, God is pleased and we are then blessed for our efforts which are then magnified by him.

Love Elder Masulonis

No comments:

Post a Comment