Elder Masulonis

Elder Masulonis

Thursday, May 3, 2012

April 2, 2012

In his letter to us this week Kent refers to conference:

In the talk, Pres. Eyring talked about "mountains" he says even though the climb is hard, the prize won is worth so much more than the price paid. It is well over worth it. I related that scripture to myself. Recently I have strongly desired for the gospel to go through me so that I can have a stronger testimony of Jesus Christ and of his atonement and over all just become more converted. I want to become more converted! I want it so bad. I want my weaknesses to become strengths. I want to have a deep love for all of gods children to be a large part of my very nature and personality. I know this is possible, but only through the atonement of Jesus Christ and through his mercy. Right now I wouldn't say that I am going through the hardest time of my life by any means, so I dont think that im climbing a mountain yet, but i am struggling. It's kinda weird actually. For one reason or another, all of our appointments have been canceled within the last two weeks. I havent counted all of them, but my companion has said that we have had 12 lessons canceled in a row. Believe it or not though, it has brought me closer to Christ. In my situation I have felt like I can either give up and not really try, or I can put my trust in God and put my shoulder to the wheel. I, WILL, NOT, GIVE UP. I KNOW that god knows my situation. I know that he loves me. I know that these things have strengthened me and my faith and testimony. I know that he lives.

I have also learned that one of the greatest expressions of pure love is sharing the gospel with others... especially those we love. heavenly father loves each and everyone of his children as you know, and like you (dad) told me before in a tender situation when i was at home, god has a way of making things, good and bad, work out for the eternal welfare of man. Or in other words, for good. Sometimes it makes me nervous to share the gospel with the ones i love.

No comments:

Post a Comment