Elder Masulonis

Elder Masulonis

Thursday, May 3, 2012

March 25. 2012

I'm not sure on how well you can see whats going on in the picture but its basically a picture of a big branch. The reason why I took a picture of this is because one day Elder Edwards and I were walking in an area around us, and all of the sudden we heard this loud noise. We looked over to where it was coming from and we saw this big ol branch fall right off the tree. I was so confused. It wasn't windy, lightning didn't strike it, Elder Edwards and I thought that since it rained the previous night the branch must have soaked up so much water that it became too heavy to stay on the tree. Looking back on it, that could have happened with any of the branches on the trees. I hope I dont get squashed. It kinda reminds me about temptation. More often then not, we do not give into temptation when it is boldly getting our attention, but rather the devil works by small and simple means, and others will he pacify and lull them away into carnal security, that they will say: all is well in zion; yea zion prospereth, all is well---and thus the devil cheateth their souls , and leadeth them away CAREFULLY down to hell. When the branch broke, it was not because of a lightning strike or because of a strong wind, but because water had seeped into the branch slowly and CAREFULLY, until the branch had no choice but to give way and fall from the tree. Now often times it seems like because of the craftiness of the devil, that we are being beat upon by strong winds, yea by his shafts in the wirlwinds. But we are promised that if we build our foundation upon the rock of our redeemer who is Jesus Christ, we cannot fall. I remember one time when I was really young when i was afraid of the dark, that satan could only bite at our heels. But because he doesn't have a body, thats about all he can do. And especially when we have the lords help and when we repent and rely on him, we are able to crush any temptation or hardship. Again this power is only found when we access the atonement of Christ and convert ourselves and be healed by his great mercy and power. All things are possible between two people as long as one of them is god. "fear not i am with thee oh be not dismayed for I am thy god and will still give thee aid. I'll strengthen thee, help the and cause thee to STAND, upheld by my righteous omnipotent hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment