Elder Masulonis

Elder Masulonis

Monday, November 7, 2011

Nov 7, 2011

So i assume that she told you about the couple that Pres. Cotterell and i sat next to and talked to? Well I later found out that they are taking the discussions where they live. Pres. Cotterell is really good at missionary work. He just sat next to them and really connected with them. I talked about the book of mormon, why i was serving a mission and my testimony but Pres. Cotterell would tell you I did a lot more. I think he would just be trying to be nice. The important thing though was that we were there when the lord needed us.
So far im learning on how the work is really done around here. Its one thing to do missionary work with fake investigators in the MTC, but its a whole new ball park when I'm talking to real people and am on their doorstep. I can see a lot of room for improvement between Elder Loftin and myself. We are no means perfect Right now I'm specifically studying on how I teach by the spirit. In the MTC we did an exercise that we taught our companions, but we could only speak when we really thought that the spirit was telling us what to say-so there was a lot of silence. But that was when I feel the person I was teaching really connected with me the most. Out here though, Elder Loftin does most of the talking which is weird to me because in the MTC, I did almost all of the talking between my companion and I in lessons. I'm trying not to think on what to say next, but to listen, and to be lead by the spirit.
I actually dont know how it would be best to send vids. And tell randy that I am proud of him for making decisions now to get active instead of later when it doesn't really matter as much. If I could do my childhood again, I would definitely just do more things, especially with more people. Live life to the fullest, no regrets.
I challenge you guys to maybe have a family home evening on the parable of the talents I think it is. This will help explain what I'm talking about. I think that the talk you found was precious to you and instead of just building your knowledge, God gave that to you for you and others around you. But i think you already know that. Not only are we supposed to increase our talents we actually can see, we are supposed to find new ones, and build off of what we have. When we do our part, we will be more worthy of Gods blessings.
Yes its fine if you do that picture thing.
Im not sure what the best way to send anything is, sorry hahaha. maybe you could ask Pres. Cotterell.
Oh hey, i also dont want to forget to ask if you guys know where Johnathan lives. if you do, let me know where so i can visit him.
Oh before I forget, last night we had a voice-mail from Pres. Cotterell saying that anything for christmas, should be sent to my address which is 1006 Lake N Shore Morehead City, 28557. This is so the mission office doesn't get over run by packages, and letters and stuff. Also, we were told to tell you and those back at home to only send packages that are official, like that one you sent me was absolutely perfect. Cuz sometimes, even though a cardboard box is taped nicely, and would seem fine, sometimes they wont forward it to me for some reason. I know it seems dumb but that what they told us basically.
So, heres a story about something thats already happened on my mission. So today, Elder Loftin and I were biking to an area to knock on some doors when we came to a turn in the road, it was about a 90 degree turn. The road wasn't busy and I saw it sign that said, 15 MPH around the corner.
Well, I knew that I could go faster than 15MPH on my bike, and I could make sure I did with my computer that's on my bike. So I said to Elder Loftin, "want to break the law" (jokingly). He said yeah and kinda laughed. So I sped up to about 18 mhp, and once I hit the turn I realized that I wouldn't be able to make the turn and I hit my back brakes which caused my back tire ( which i found to be pretty smooth from using it at home) to slide out from behind me, which caused me to loose control and and crash on the side of the road where i broke my shin. jk:)
I tucked and rolled to a stop. it didn't hurt very much, but it was pretty humbling hahaha. This caused my handlebars to come loose and I couldnt ride my bike. Luckily enough we were near the bishops house where he had just the right tools to fix my bike and give me a brake from walking my bike to his house. Even though I didn't get hurt, I got the message that God was trying to send me about being exactly obedient. Because I am pretty sure I would have been able to make it around the corner if I was going just a few MPH slower and being obedient to the law.
As I've been typing this story down, I've come to realize how applicable this somewhat entertaining story can be to life. When we are disobedient to the laws that God has given us, our lives get figuratively out of control and we dont get to enjoy some of the pleasures we did before. In my biking experience I wasn't able to enjoy the pleasure of riding my bike because the handle bars got loosened. Luckily enough, we to know where to find help. Our savior can help us with exactly the correct tools and give us some rest. The key is, that just how I had to walk my bike to the bishops house, we have to come to Jesus Christ. I know that through the power of the atonement, we can become better and change to be what our Heavenly Father wants us to be. When we choose to be disobedient, we must pay the consequences. But we can always have hope in our savior jesus christ. He has lived in a fallen world like we have. He knows the pains that we go through and struggle with.
But the main point is, is that he lives and he is there. "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." I know to, like others, that MY REDEEMER, LIVES!
love your son and missionary Elder Kent Wayne Masulonis

1 comment:

  1. What a great tool this is to share Kents mission with everyone. Thanks for doing this.

    -Darby

    ReplyDelete