Elder Masulonis

Elder Masulonis

Friday, September 21, 2012

June 24, 2012

Dear mom.
Sounds like there isn't a lot going on at home. That reminds me of something that i learned concerning missionary work. If I am not busy as a missionary, its my fault. My business level completely depends on me. Its kinda funny, as a missionary, we are supposed to be super busy, but in the life back home, we are counseled by the prophets not to be too busy.

At the end of your letter you seemed to ask a question in comment form, and the answer to your question of how I am doing is great! We are still continuing to find new people to teach and help them progress. This Sunday was especially neat. We were talking to this guy who was washing his porch and he really didn't want to hear what we had to say. He said, "I'm baptist and you are barking up the wrong tree." We kept on talking to him in a spirit of persistence. As we were talking with him, the spirit must have really been working on him because within a few minutes he let us in and we had a great lesson about the restoration of the gospel. It seemed like he was trying to hide that he was being blown away from our message. We gave him a book of Mormon and he committed to a baptismal date. We had a prayer and left. But as we were leaving and as he was walking us out the door, he said, (talking about the book of Mormon.) I feel compelled to really read this book and I have some down time so I'm going to read it. I can only assume that he started reading it and the spirit continued to work with him. It was a super amazing experience. It has still blows me away a little now. I'm so grateful for a companion that really helps me to work a lot harder and be better. This past week in my studies I have found myself writing down pages of inspiration so much that by the time study time is over, I have to stop. I then think to myself that I will finish it that night or the next day. But the thing is, that the next time I have time to write anything down, god blesses me with more pages and thoughts of inspiration. I guess that might be one of the forms of the scripture that says that we will receive so many blessings that we wont have room enough to receive them. Its really amazing. I hope I can stay in knightdale with Elder Stauffer for one more transfer.


LOVE Elder Masulonis

No comments:

Post a Comment